“Mentors4Starters” (M4S) is an advisory and self-development program run by the Mentors4Starters Foundation and co-coordinated with the Global Shapers Warsaw – a hub of the international initiative of the World Economic Forum.
The program is created for young professionals (20-35 years old) who want to develop their careers, and who already gained their first job experience.
Mentors4Starters is a pro publico bono project aimed at advancing young people’s potential by showing them how their professional field is constructed and providing mentoring focused on their career development.
The project gives its participants a unique chance to work on one-on-one bases with top representatives of Polish business. It shows them how to use their knowledge in practise, something which the existing model of formal education is lacking.
During several meetings with their mentor – an experienced person with vast knowledge of a given professional field – carefully selected candidates work on their own projects, advancement of their business or verifying their corporate career-path. As an outcome a possible change change of career, new projects, and very concrete actions are often undertaken by mentees.
During the previous three editions 25 mentors have taken part in the program. Some of them are the former PZU President of Board Andrzej Klesyk, President of Board of the ITI Group Wojciech Kostrzewa, and the former General Manager of Coca-Cola Poland Services Ania Jakubowski.
With every edition the number of candidates significantly exceeds the number of available places in the program. Among the applicants are the graduates of a variety of specialisations and the top world universities, but also people with no formal education, young entrepreneurs or employees of large corporations. What they have in common are important career decisions ahead of them. As the outcome of mentoring many independent initiatives, strategic career decisions, and long-lasting relations between all the M4S participants are created.
Mentors4Starters – a unique mentoring program
- It brings down social barriers, enabling cooperation with the top specialists in their professional fields.
- The program is based on a careful matching of mentors with their mentees, so the process is satisfying for everybody.
- The program organizers provide content and ensure logistic support based on their relations with the mentors, and minimise paperwork so all the participants feel secure and at ease.
- It is created by young entrepreneurs and project managers who are familiar with the needs of people entering the job market.
- The M4S organizers aim at creating optimal mentoring tools and knowledge database – the first Polish Report on Mentoring, which will be published in 2017.
Who can apply to M4S?
Any person between 20-35 years old is eligible to apply. The candidates are required to send their CV or resume with a cover letter and fill in the provided questionnaire.
The program lasts around 6 months during which every participant meets with their mentor 4 to 6 times (a minimum guaranteed by the organizers).
Mentors4Starters is a program for everyone who thinks about developing their own enterprise or a start-up, or for those who want to advance in corporate structures or international organizations. We especially welcome candidates who support positive change in their local communities – are involved in volunteering or realize social projects.
M4S is for you if:
- You’re about to make key decisions regarding your career, you think of changing job/your profession, etc.
- You have a concrete idea about your career or a project and you’re looking for someone experienced to give you advice.
- You’re building your own firm/start-up and you would like to consult your ideas with some who knows the market well.
- You’re interested in the field of the mentor’s expertise and you want to work on your individual career path.
- You want to see the positive fruits of your work, you want to create impact.
Some of the program’s benefits:
- Getting support and advice on your career.
- Opportunity to verify your career plans with top managers and experts in your profession.
- Transfer wiedzy: możliwość nauki od czołowych przedstawicieli polskiego biznesu.
- Transfer of knowledge: a chance to learn from the top representatives of Polish business.
- Analysis of your individual potential in a given professional field.